Kabale University Physics and Mathematics
Kabale University Physics and Mathematics – Check the list of courses offered at the department:
Physics is the study of the principles that govern the physical world around us and is based upon matter and energy and their interactions. The study of matter, energy and their interactions has played a key role in the progress of mankind and will continue to do in the future as Physics generates fundamental knowledge that is needed for future technological advances. Physics also forms the basis for other subjects such as engineering and medicine. The Department of Physics at Kabale University offers courses in Physics as part of the BSc degree programmes offered in the Faculty of Science.
The Physics Curriculum at KAB
The Physics at Kabale University curriculum combines traditional Physics topics with a substantial amount of Electronics at all the three levels of the curriculum. The Faculty of Science has been offering courses in Physics leading to award of Bachelor of Science with Education (BSc Ed. MSI, Major or Minor. Physics undergraduate programme that offers an array of courses leading to the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Major, BSc Minor) which is a 3-year full-time programme.
- Bachelor of Science with Education (BSc Ed Major, BSc Ed Minor) which is a 3-year full-time programme.
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (BSc Ed, Major, Minor MSI) which is a 3-year in-service programme for Diploma holders.
The Physics major provides core of basic course units in several principle areas of Physics to give high quality education which prepares students for further study and research in Physics and a wide range of career opportunities in industry, geosciences and other professions directly unrelated to Physics, such as commerce, where analytical and problem-solving skills are required. The Physics minor is designed for students who are interested in obtaining significant grounding in the principles of Physics without committing to the major but are taking other subjects as their major or need some Physics in their areas of specialisation.
The teaching of Physics in the Faculty of Science Education is by course unit system. The course unit is examined at the end of the Semester in which it is taught. Assignments and tests constitute the course work for each semester,
The key component of the implementation of this program is connectivity in teaching. In the teaching of every course, lecturers make an effort to clearly elucidate connections within the subject and across other subjects mainly in the science cluster. These connections exist naturally and lecturers clearly bring them out during lectures and module development where necessary.
The overall objectives of the Physics programme are to enable students to
- explain, analyse, and to interpret physical processes and phenomena,
- be competent enough to pursue further studies in Physics,
- appreciate Physics not just as consisting of different Branches But as a whole that must be considered in unified consistent logical way,
- focus on meanings, principles, laws of physics and their applications to the physical world and therefore be able to appreciate the role of physics in development,
- impart the necessary skills for critical thinking and problem-solving,
- demonstrate knowledge of connectivity within the course or between different courses or across science subjects and technology and develop skills and competences to enable them to teach confidently at both A- and O-level for those specialising in education.
Kabale University School of Medicine
Kabale University Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Kabale University Faculty of Computing, library and Information Science
Kabale University Faculty of Engineering, Technology, Applied Design & Fine Art
Kabale University Faculty of Education
Kabale University Faculty of Science