Soroti University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Soroti University School of Medicine – see details below:
The core objectives of the school are to:
- Provide adequate Learning /Teaching Facilities and resources for the training of medical students and other essential health professionals in Uganda.
- Award Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Medicine Baccalaureus et Baccalaureus Chirurgical) (MB.Ch.B) degrees to successful Medical Students, and relevant degrees to other health Professionals such as Biomedical scientist, Pharmacists, Nurses, Dentists and Allied Health Professionals.
- 1 Provide model Medical Practices as well as specialized services in major specialties and priority sub-specialty disciplines.
- Provide effective referral, emergency and rehabilitative health care services.
- Provide postgraduate training in selected specialties and priority sub-specialties.
- Carry out essential health research on priority health problems.
- Establish linkages with local, regional and international partners and institutions that foster collaboration in clinical instruction, research and other best practices.
- Contribute to improved health status of all Ugandans