The Aga Khan University Uganda School of Nursing and Midwifery
Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery – see details below:
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY, EAST AFRICA
Since its establishment in 2000, the School of Nursing and Midwifery in East Africa has delivered high quality, affordable and accessible work/study programmes for working nurses.
They aspire to be:
- Leaders in nursing and midwifery education and research scholarship.
- A source of clinically competent, critically thinking nurses and midwives who positively impact the health outcomes of patients, their families, and their communities by applying innovative practices and leading health system improvements.
- Builders of an active inter-professional health system anchored in productive educational and clinical partnerships.
- Contributors to innovative workforce reform through building new scopes of practice for nurses and midwives.
- A school that fosters unique approaches as we combine education, clinical practice and research across the nursing and midwifery workforce.
Our focus is to develop nursing and midwifery graduates dedicated to transforming health and improving lives.