Uganda Christian University Kampala Campus
Uganda Christian University Kampala Campus – check below:
The Uganda Christian University (UCU), Kampala Campus, was established in 2003. Since its establishment, the UCU Kampala Campus has been housed at four locations. Since 2015, UCU Kampala Campus has been housed at Lubiri Ring road, Mengo at the former Butikiro, which previously housed the Joint Clinical Research Center (JCRC).
Last year, construction of a permanent UCU Kampala Campus home started. The new home is within the same area of Mengo, on Musajja Alumbwa road next to Eagle’s Nest Primary School.
The Kampala campus hours are generally 8am to 9pm.
The UCU Kampala Campus exists to serve four main purposes:
- To extend educational opportunities to those who would like to further their education but cannot easily do so at the UCU main campus because of logistics and work schedules;
- To accommodate spillover from the main campus due to limited space/room;
- To meet needs of recent secondary graduates and others who can live with relatives in Kampala area while commuting to campus to study; and
- To expand the Christian missionary role through higher education with outreach to the large city population.
The campus offers a wide range of programs both during the day and in the evening from Monday to Saturday including:
- Graduate/Post graduate programs, e.g. LLM, MBA, MPH, MSW, MPPR;
- Modular and short courses;
- Undergraduate courses, e.g. BBA, BPLM, BHRM, BIB, BPPE, BASS BSWSA, BPAM, BGC; and
- Diploma programs in BBA, SWSA, etc.
Programs and teaching are designed to impart skills and ability among the graduates to resist conforming to worldly attractions of corruption, and to enable them to put service first before self, and stand out for Christian values and the identity of UCU.
The main campus selects students. The student body is diverse in nature with some coming directly from high school and others working and raising families, and with equal gender balance. In addition to coming from regions throughout Uganda, they represent the countries of South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda, among others.
The curriculum here has consistent quality with the main campus’s in Mukono, with many of the same instructors at both campuses. The campus has a well-stocked library, including a computer section, where students can read, research and borrow books, journals, periodicals, newspapers, etc. Library users can access e-resources and inter-library book loans from either campus. The lab houses internet-connected computers with computer classes to serve over 1,000 students. Staff and students can access Wi-Fi/wireless internet. The campus has a chaplain, counseling, security and food services, and a clinic that offers basic medical services.
COURSES OFFERED AT PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN UGANDA
Courses Offered at PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN UGANDA
Busoga University Courses Offered
International Health Sciences University Courses Offered
Kampala University Courses Offered
Muteesa I Royal University Courses Offered
Mountains of the Moon University Courses Offered
Nkumba University Courses Offered
Nsaka University Courses Offered
St. Augustine International University Courses Offered
St. Lawrence University Courses Offered
Stafford University Uganda Courses Offered
Uganda Christian University Courses Offered
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology Courses Offered
ISBAT University Courses Offered