Makerere University Direct Entry Scheme Admissions 2023-2024
Makerere University Direct Entry Admissions | see details below to apply…
The Makerere University offers a wide range of study opportunities at different levels of your career. These programmes which are conducted in English as the language of instruction range from undergraduate, graduate as well as continuing career enhancement options. If standard study options dont apply to you, flexible study options may be more suitable.
Before you apply for admission, click on the links below for information:
- Evening Study programmes designed to offer opportunities to mainly the working class although any interested person who meets the admission requirements can apply to be considered for admission.
- Distance learning or External study programmes designed to benefit those who merit University education but for some reason are unable to attend regular classes at the University.
Makerere University Direct Entry Admissions General Instructions
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programmes, only candidates who sat “A” Level in 2013, 2012 and 2011 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting “A” Level.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programmes applied for. ( Details of the Diploma Admission requirements for the current academic year can be viewed on the notice boards of the undergraduate admissions office notice boards or on Makerere University website: http://mak.ac.ug) or here
Be a Graduate from a recognised university.
How to apply
- Application forms and other relevant information may be obtained from undergraduate admissions Office, Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University. Admissions are processed in May/June every year.
- Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans and UG Shs.172,500/= for International applicants plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,500/= should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
- Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005816385
- DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01013500181512
- CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 4912300001
- CRANE BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 0145053500100
3. After paying, each applicant must attach a copy of the paying – in slip to the application form and submit the completed application form to the Undergraduate Admissions Office in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’level results should not apply because they are Not eligible for admission.
Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
For the latest Cut-Off Points for the respective Academic Programmes to guide you in making choices for courses, programmes, tuition and other fees requirements, check our News Website (http://news.mak.ac.ug)
For further enquiries, please contact the Academic Registrar’s Office through the addresses at the link below http://mak.ac.ug/services/academic-registrar
Please note that applications open in Mid-May and close by the End of July each year.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Charles Sentongo
Deputy Registrar (Undergraduate Admissions and Records) Room 303, Senate Building
P.O. Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 534343
Fax: +256 414 534125/541771
OR (For International Students)
33 Edge Road
P.O. Box 7062,