When is UPDF Recruiting LDU 2021-2022
When is UPDF Recruiting LDU – Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs have released the Uganda Peoples Defence Forces Recruitment Date for the year 2021.
GOVERNMENT TO RECRIUT MORE LDUs
The Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) is set to recruit more Local Defence Unit (LDU) personnel for districts in Central, Eastern, Northern and Mid-western regions of Uganda
Fresh LDU recruitment will start with headquarters of UPDF Divisions I, II, III, IV and V in Kakiri barracks, Mbarara, Mbale, Gulu and Pader respectively.
The next phase of the recruitment exercise will begin in July this year and is aimed at enhancing the existing foundation security arrangement in the country to ensure the people and their property are secured at grass root levels.
Recruits will receive 4 months basic military training from UPDF training schools. Upon completion of their training, the LDUs shall be deployed to serve in their respective districts of recruitment. When is UPDF Recruiting LDU
A. RECRUITMENT CRITERIA: When is UPDF Recruiting LDU
Eligible candidates to meet the following requirements:
- For one to be eligible to join the exercise, they must be citizens of Uganda and in possession of an original national identity card.
- Candidates are also required to be healthy and medically fit, ready to undergo medical mental and physical body check as well as a road run, to test endurance and body fitness.
- One must also be adult male or female between 18 to 35 years, and should have attained a minimum formal education of P.7 (PLE) and maximum of S.4 (UCE).
- Those interested will be required to present duly signed letters of recommendation from their respective LCI Chairpersons, PISOs and GISOs and they must prove they are residents of that particular area.
- Individuals with a previous criminal record will not be eligible for recruitment.
The UPDF also stresses discipline as a key attribute for those seeking to enlist.
Recruitment Schedules will be available in local newspapers and are already running as radio announcements in the respective regions/districts of recruitment.
The schedules are also available at the district and sub-county headquarter notice boards.
Those interested will be required to present duly signed letters of recommendation from their respective LCI Chairpersons, PISOs and GISOs and they must prove they are residents of that particular area.
Any presentation of forged documents is criminal, and culprits will be liable to prosecution.