Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment Qualifications 2021-2022
UPDF Recruitment Qualifications 2021-2022 – Check below:
In 2004 the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs (MoDVA) undertook a comprehensive program to transform the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) into a modern, professional, and accountable force subordinate to the civilian authority. This undertaking has enabled the UPDF to acquire requisite skills and capabilities to defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda.
This years’ recruitment exercise aims at attracting very composed and patriotic Ugandans ready to serve in regular, professional and specialized units. It is an opportunity for UPDF to fill gaps created by retirements and also tap skills of personnel with competencies in science subjects required in a modern army. For one to be recruited he/she must meet the following criteria:
The recruitment criteria is indicated below:
A. RECRUITMENT CRITERIA: UPDF Recruitment Qualifications
Eligible candidates to meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship: MUST be a Ugandan citizen and must be in possession of an Original National Identity Card.
2. Medical: MUST be healthy and medically fit; ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness.
3. Age: Regular Recruits must be male and female adults between the age of 18-25 years and professionals between 18 and 30 years.
4. Marital status: MUST be single with no children.
5. Education standard. Regular Recruits must possess a minimum formal education of S.4 (UCE) or S.6 in science subjects. Original certificates of 2016, 2017 and 2018 with a school IDs are a must.
6. Professionals: Degree/Diploma holders in medicine, chemistry, Engineering, teachers and vocational skills.
7. Conduct: Candidates must be of good conduct with no criminal record. Letters of recommendations from LC I, LC III, GISOs duly signed are a MUST, to confirm their conduct.
8. Moral Standards: Presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits will be liable to prosecution.
*Requirements for UPDF-Air force Candidates
a. S.6 biased in Science subjects such as physics, math and, Geography.
b. Degree and Diploma holders in Aviation related fields such as:
1. Pilots with Private Pilot Licence (PPL), Commercial Pilot License (CPL) or Pilot Instructors.
2. Aircraft maintenance Engineers category A&C ( Engine and Airframe), category X ( Electrical and Avionics, Radio and Instruments).
3. Air Traffic Controllers.
4. Radar Engineers and Radar Operators.
5. Flight Operators.
(Details shall be posted in newspaper adverts and radio announcements).
The UPDF leadership has set up teams to ensure that the exercise achieves its objectives within the time given. Districts are encouraged to meet their quotas allocated as per the results of the population census which will be communicated by the team leaders.
Finally, let it be clear that recruitment into the UPDF is not an off-the hook job opportunity, but rather a patriotic calling to serve our country Uganda in a field that requires great sacrifice and determination from the very first day of recruitment to the last day of one’s service. UPDF Recruitment Qualifications
For God and My Country.
Richard Karemire psc, fwc