Kumi University Scholarships 2021-2022
Kumi University Scholarships – apply now:
Kumi University is one of the leading Christian Universities in East Africa, and is licensed by National Council of Higher Education (NCHE). It is the first to be established in North Eastern Uganda in the Year 1999. The University offers a number of degree and diploma programs which are designed to develop a cadre of professionals. The major focus is to train upright, God fearing and knowledgeable Christian Leaders to serve the communities.
To become a World class holistic centre for quality, community tailored Education and Research.
1.2 Mission Statement;
To provide holistic education tailored at transforming individuals and communities
Kumi University offers six (6) forms of scholarships to students:
- Full scholarship which includes tuition fees, other fees, meals and accommodation
- Full tuition and functional fees only.
- Full tuition fees only excluding other functional fees
- Full tuition fees, accommodation and meals
- 25% tuition only
- 50 % tuition scholarship
- Partial scholarship; this is a block amount determined by the scholarship committee which amount may vary from time to time.
1.4 Objectives of the scholarship
- To fulfill the University’s mission
- To provide academically sound students with an opportunity to complete University education
1.5 General Scholarship Guidelines
- Please read the various scholarship criteria carefully before completing scholarship application form and ensure that you apply for only those scholarships that you are eligible for, and for which you meet the criteria.
- Incoming students should have obtained a minimum of 12 points in their A-Level and continuing University students must have a current and cumulative GPA of at least 4.0 out of 5.0 for Academic Excellence; the other scholarship categories will be selected on the basis of eligibility against the provided criteria in 1.6.2 to 1.6.8 below; and other information provided in the Application Form. An applicant for these categories should not have a retake in any module in the last semester of consideration.
- Please enclose a copy of your results together with the application form for Academic Excellence and other scholarship categories respectively.
- Students with any fees balances are not eligible for the scholarship
- An Applicant must write a Statement of Faith of not more than 1000 words typed in A4 paper.
- A hard copy of the application form has to be submitted along with One (01) pass port size photograph at the time of submission.
- Provide evidence if any of the service or charitable work conducted to the community.
- With examples provide if any, how you handled difficulties and solved problems in the face of adversity.
- Regular class attendance, participation in church ministry and the Discipleship Training Program (DTP) and other University activities is an added advantage.
- Applicants must also have the abilities to communicate well in group and individual situations; to establish rapport with a wide variety of people; to design and implement experiences to meet specific goals; and to quickly evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.
- Any misrepresentation or omission of information will be grounds for withdrawal or termination of the scholarship.
- Applicants must attach the supporting documents.
- Note that applications will be kept for consideration for up to a period of two (02) months from the date of the dead line of submission. A list of the successful applicants will be hung on the notice boards.
- Please ensure that your application is clear and eligible
1.6 Categories of Kumi University Scholarships
A variety of scholarships have been created by the donors and supporters of Kumi University to assist incoming and continuing students with financial support. These categories are:
1.6.1 Twenty five percent (25%) or fifty percent (50%) scholarship:
The beneficiaries of this scholarship are all first year students who will have paid seventy-five percent (75%) of their tuition and 100% of other functional by the close of normal registration. The fifty percent scholarship will only be applicable when the University has come into agreement with particular institutions.
1.6. 2 Academic Excellence Scholarship:
This scholarship targets academically sound students who have obtained a minimum of 12 points in their A-Level of Education for the incoming students and a minimum of CGPA of 4.0 for the continuing University students. The beneficiaries receive full tuition fees only.
1.6.3. Karamoja students:
The beneficiaries of this scholarship are the students from Karamoja who joined the university in the academic year 2014/2015 only and it is a full scholarship. After the current batch of beneficiaries, this scholarship will cease to exist.
1.6.4 International students:
This scholarship targets students hailing from Southern Sudan, Burundi and other countries who are unable to access University education and yet meet the minimum admission requirements. The beneficiaries under this category receive full scholarship for only those under the scholarship scheme. The rest of the international students will receive any other category of scholarship as spelt out in sub section 1.3.
1.7 Scholarship Financial Allocation;
The allocation of funds to each of the categories of scholarships shall be at the discretion of the Financial Aid Committee and depending the total amount of the available scholarship money.
1.8 Terms and Conditions of the scholarship
- Upon selection, the scholarship beneficiary shall sign a letter of agreement (undertaking) with the University.
- The scholarship beneficiary shall commit him/herself to paying the balance of the tuition and functional fees or other fees not covered by the scholarship.
- The scholarship beneficiary shall commit him or herself to study, concentrate and pass all the course units. In the event that the beneficiary fails some of the course units, he or she shall undertake to pay the retake fees. If the scholarship beneficiary fails more than two course units undertaken in a particular semester, the scholarship shall be withdrawn or discontinued.
- The University through the scholarship committee reserves the right to change, amend and discontinue the scholarship from the beneficiary if the student/recipient goes contrary to the scholarship guidelines disclosed.
- The University shall pay the agreed amount of the scholarship of the individual beneficiaries directly to the accounts office through the scholarship committee.
All monies will go to the student accounts and for those who do not have any outstanding dues with the University at the close of the semester will receive any money due to them in cash.