Kabale University Civil Engineering Courses Offered
Kabale University Civil Engineering Courses Offered – Check the list of courses offered at the department:
Uganda is in a great need of engineers to maintain and manage the construction industry. Considering that a lot of raw materials are processed outside the country and foreign construction companies dominate the Industry, it is a clear manifestation that this country needs engineers and managers to set up industries to replace the foreign construction agencies, process raw materials within the country and compete with the rest of the world.
Kabale University established the Civil Engineering Department to train engineers who can change the situation by establishing their own industries, aiming at job creation and quality service delivery. The Department therefore trains Engineers and Engineering Assistants who will be the employers of tomorrow.
The Department offers the following Programmes:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
The programmes attract holders of:
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or the equivalent
- Higher Diploma in related Engineering disciplines
- Diploma in Civil & Building Engineering, or the equivalent
- Diploma in Water Engineering, or the equivalent
- Diploma in Architecture, or the equivalent
- Diploma in other Engineering and related Science/Technology fields
- Degree in Physical Sciences
- Advanced Certificates in related fields
The Department has enough qualified staff competent to handle all Civil Engineering specialties.