International University Of East Africa IUEA Faculty of Science and Technology
IUEA Faculty of Science and Technology – see the list of courses offered and its entry requirements at the Faculty of Science and Technology…
About the faculty
The Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) at IUEA is one of the most dynamic and innovative faculties in East and Central Africa. Because of its unique approach to teaching; an approach that combines rigorous academics with practical work, gaining a reputation for being one of the best in technology.
The faculty is staffed by lecturers who are recognized scholars, thought leaders, and innovators. Students graduating from our programmes are groomed to be innovators and leaders in the field of science and technology. Our students are deeply knowledgeable in their field and highly sought after by employers who seek capable, innovative professionals.
Programs at Faculty of Science and Technology
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM
- Master of Science in Information Technology
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science & IT
A candidate must satisfy the general minimum entry requirements of IUEA. In addition, the following regulations shall hold: Candidates seeking admission through this avenue must have obtained:-
- The Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent, with credits in English and Mathematics.
- At least two principal passes at the same sitting in Uganda Advanced certificate of Education (UACE) in any two subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Literature, Entrepreneurship, Technical Drawing and Fine Art).
- At least a second Class (lower division) diploma from a recognized institution in science related field.
Candidates seeking admission through the certificate holders scheme must
- Have passed Mathematics and English with at least a credit in the Ugandan Certificate of Education or its equivalent
- Have at least a credit certificate in computer science or related discipline from a Recognized institution
Certificate holders will either join our Foundation Program or the Diploma courses only, upon which they will join the Undergraduate Degree Programs.
Upon completion of your degree in the programs offered from the faculty of Science and Technology, some of the career prospects include but not limited to;
- Computer Information Systems Managers
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science, Database Administration and Computer Systems Analysis
- Computer Software Engineering
- Database Specialist
Internship (Industrial Training)
For all degree programmes within the Faculty, IUEA’s links with industry help to provide internship training and work placements for students. Internships are compulsory for all students as per the requirement of the National Council for Higher Educ ation (NCHE) of Uganda.
To meet the requirements of accreditation by the NCHE of Uganda and also to complement the theory and practical study at IUEA, a well-structured internship programme, in collaboration with industry, has been incorporated into the curriculum. The structures of all the programmes offered by the Faculty of Science and Technology include three periods of training
each of 10-15 weeks.
The main aims and objectives of the internship programme are to provide:
- Enhanced employability
- Interpersonal and social skills
- A strong platform for exploring the interrelationships between theory and practice
- Career preparation
- Insight into the world of work Personal development
- Strong leadership and technical development
This Internship programme will further enhance student’s employability. In many cases the same company at which students had internship training will offer them employment as soon as they graduate. In any case, students will gain an invaluable insight into the world of work as technologists and be better equipped to position themselves for the careers they seek.