Bugema University School of Natural Sciences
Bugema University School of Natural Sciences – see the list of courses offered at the School of Natural Sciences…
The School of Natural Sciences is based on a strong belief that science is the study of God’s handiwork to sustain mankind and his bio-physical systems through technology and sustainable innovations.
To train holistic and skilled professionals in science and technology.
To be a center of excellence in scientific research, training and innovations for development.
The School of Natural Sciences offers the following Programs;
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with Biotechnology & Plant Breeding
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with Agronomy & Soil Fertility
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with Crop Science & Protection
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with Animal Production & Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Innovation and Management (3yrs)
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science with Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science with Environmental Economics & Policy
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science with Environment &Natural Resources Mgt
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (BIOC)
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics (BSTA)
- Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology (DSLT)
- General Science Courses (Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics, Agriculture and ICT).
General Entrance Requirements in the School of Natural Sciences
For all Degree courses, one must satisfy at least one of the following minimum university entry requirements.
• Have completed A-level and have two principle passes in science subjects, mainly: Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Food and Nutrition, Agriculture, Physics and or Mathematics, Economics and also passed at their sitting of O-level
• Must possess a second class Diploma in relevant areas of Science (for a specific program) and from recognized institutions. The relevant areas of science include; Agriculture, Education Biology/Chemistry, Food Processing, Nutrition, Business computing, Accounting; Engineering, Architecture, Science education (mathematics/Economics/Physics) or related studies, from recognized/accredited Institutes.
• Must have passed the Mature Age Entry Examinations for a specific Degree recognized by NCHE in Uganda or its equivalent.
• Other international students who do not undertake A-level should have passed mature entry exams OR
• Have an equivalent of A-level of Uganda and have a background in Science subjects mainly Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture, Physics, Mathematics, or Geography, Commerce or Economics.
• Kenya applicants must have a minimum of a C+
• For specialization in Environmental Economics and Policy, a candidate must have passed mathematics with a credit and above at Ordinary-level